When you decide to go on a long days ride, there are several things that you should take
with you. Below, you’ll find the essentials that you should have with you.
1. Back pack – a Camel back or mule is a good idea.
2. Waterproof – the type that packs down very small is the best to have.
3. Water – you need at least 2 liters for a long ride.
4. Food – sandwiches and energy bars are the best to have with you to eat.
5. Pump – take a good one with you, as the small mini pumps are a waste of time and money.
6. Tire levers if you need them.
7. A small inner tube.
8. A set of Allen wrenches. The penknife style is the best to get.
9. A small screwdriver.
10. A first aid kit that includes an elastic bandage.
11. Some lunch and phone money.
If you take the above with you, you should have no problems with long mountain bike rides. Everything on the above list will serve a purpose, all you have to do is give them a chance. If you’ve ever been mountain biking and ran into problems in the past, you should know first hand just how important the proper supplies can actually be.